CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 23, 2007

A Day With the Doc

Ever since Hayden was a little baby he has sometimes gotten a croupy sounding cough during the night. The last couple of nights however, it has gotten significantly worse. Last night, he woke up around 3:30 am with a horrible sounding cough. I heard him crying and coughing, half asleep trying to make it to our bedroom. When I brought him in bed with us, he was gasping for air. It was a horrible loud sound that scared both Scott and I. It reminded me of how I used to sound when my asthma acted up as a kid. For several hours he sat with me. We tried everthing to get him to calm down and go to sleep but every time he would try to lay down, his coughing and breathing would get worse again. He sat in front of me on the bed and lifted up his shirt so I would tickle his back. It was so sweet! He finally fell asleep at the foot of our bed and I called our Pediatrician this morning. After a visit to the Doc, we are on steroids twice a day for 5 days. Hopefully that will help to clear his airways and rid the inner barking seal. I only wish his medicine tasted better. It is not fun trying to get an almost 3 year old to swallow something he doesn't want to swallow!

A sweet little moment during the day...We were in the car on the way home from the doctor visit and I started singing the itsy bitsy spider song to keep him awake until we got home. Only, he corrected me. It is NOT called Itsy Bitsy Spider, the correct title is Bitsy SpiderMan. We laughed and then proceeded to sing about the itsy bitsy spiderman who climbed up the water spout!

0 comments: