CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Okay...so the coolest thing happened on Sunday!! We weren't able to meet at the school on Sunday night for church, so instead we had church at Brad and Becky's house. Becky and I were watching the kids inside, while Brad was teaching outside. There are a cute group of little kids whose families have been coming pretty regularly to our services. One little girl, Ava is a sweetheart! She loves Laney and Laney loves her! She needed to go potty, so I took her (and Laney followed) to the bathroom and she sat on the toilet and pee-pee'd. She and Laney were laughing back and forth and then Laney said "I paw-ee, I paw-ee." So, to appease her, I then sat Laney on the potty. To my surprise, SHE ACTUALLY WENT!! What?? I was so happy! We made a HUGE deal of it and she got a treat for going potty. Later that night...she went again on the toilet! And from then on, she has been going pee-pee in the potty. What a big girl! She stinkin' potty-trained herself. She even pooped in the potty today. To quote Jaye-day, "what the what?!?!" So, that's my cool story. I have the best daughter ever.

2 comments:

Somebody's Nobody said...

Holy cow!!! That is one of the best things in the world! Yeah for Laney!!!!!! Seriously....what the what!?

We totally need to Skype again. The kids talk about it non-stop. They tell everyone about Hayden's "Who Let the Dogs Out?" song. That was just hillarious. And anytime they find something pretty fun they say, "I'm goign to show this to Hayden on the computer." As much as I thought the kids weren't enjoying themselves all that much...they actually really were! I guess it was just a little odd to them that we were talking and seeing you on the computer.

Love you much too. I wish we could get together on the weekends and go out for coffee and have the kids play at the pool all summer long.....can you move here? please?

quiltmaker said...

How lucky are you with Laney?! I've been working on Jaxson FOREVER. He was 3 in February. He's getting better though. Has done his big business only a couple of times because he doesn't have the patience to sit there that long - AND, he's a very stubborn little boy!