CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Next Chapter

What a day today was. Hard to put it into words, but here it goes...

About three months ago, Scott received a call from Dr. Ronnie Floyd, the Pastor of First Baptist Church in Springdale, Arkansas. They are without a worship pastor and he was interested in pursuing Scott for the position. After much prayer and discussion, we decided that not exploring the possibility of it would be wrong. So, Scott traveled to NWA a couple times and then last month, our whole family went.

This has been a very long and difficult journey for me. (For Scott too, but this is my blog...so I'm sharing from my heart my own experience.) In the beginning I agreed with Scott that we needed to pursue this opportunity until we felt God telling us no. Who are we to determine it is not God’s will for us to move to Springdale. However, after Scott came back from his first visit, something inside me closed up and I became very negative about the whole idea.

I was struggling with several things, including the fact that we have not been here in Lubbock long. It feels like we just got here. Why would God take us away so quickly? And, I love Pastor Brad. I feel such a loyalty to him. I admire him and his leadership abilities. For so long we prayed for an opportunity to work beside Brad and Stephanie and it finally happened. Why would God separate such great partners in the ministry? And, Victory Life is so exciting! God is doing amazing things through his people here. This church is on its way to becoming a mega church here in Lubbock. The new building plans are awesome. The people are so generous and loving. Why would God take us away from all of this?

I still have questions and a great deal of confusion swarms all around me, but I know in my heart this is the right move for our family. A good friend reminded me that it’s okay to not have all the answers. It is in those difficult times that we have no other choice but to trust in our all-knowing Jesus. (Prov. 3:5-6) Scott has always been wise in knowing God’s plan. If he knows this is the right thing, I know it too. I will always be beside him and supportive of him. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt to leave here…

Today Pastor Brad announced that we were leaving. I knew it would be hard, I just didn’t know how hard. I was afraid that people wouldn’t understand. That they would have a lot of questions and not find solace in the answers we would provide. The people at Victory Life were unbelievably gracious. They loved on us, told us they would miss us, but that they were very happy for us. God is so good. I hate to leave, but I feel comfort in knowing I am leaving family.

We are here two more weeks and then it’s on to the next chapter in our lives. God’s blessings are evident. Jesus, lead on…

4 comments:

Somebody's Nobody said...

De-- I am so excited for you both. Micah and I have been praying for you since we first found out about this opportunity. WE have not been praying that you get this job or taht job or whatever, but we have been praying that God's will would be done. WE just prayed that if it was not the right opportunity for your family, then he would shut the door and keep another open. We praise Him for the many blessings for your family.

We are so excited that the kids will only be a car drive away from eachother and that they will be able to grow up with their cousins. Holidays will definitely be more fun getting them together. I can't wait to see that baby girl in a few months. Every one of our babies are named either Sally or Laney. ha!

We love you and can't wait to see what will come about with this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

How Exciting...I always love a good GOD led move...until I have to pack...hmmm..congrats to Scott on his new local and I wish I could be there to help you out in some way! Miss You.

Anonymous said...

And Maybe just Maybe God is slowly moving you back north.....one year at a time.....tee hee

Domestic Diva said...

I believe God's best for you and your family. I pray that you both will hear the voice of the Good Shepard and the voice of a stranger you will not follow.
Let us know the blessings that come of this move. Our family will be praying for your transition.